Friday, January 16, 2009

Jesus as the only way to God

This is one of my favorite passages from one of my favorite authors, the late Robert Webber:

"Years ago, the hundredth archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Ramsey, was in the United States and was interviewed on the Johnny Carson Show. The next person to be interviewed ignored Johnny Carson and instead turned to the archbishop and said, 'Archbishop, there is one thing about your viewpoint I don't like. You say there is only one way to God. I don't believe that! I think there are many ways to God and to assert exclusivity is arrogant.' The archbishop responded, 'My dear, I have never said there is only one way. It was Jesus who said it. As a follower of Jesus, I have no right to contradict him. I am called to be faithful to him and to his teaching.'"

-Ancient-Future Evangelism (pg 130)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home