Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Coffee poem

Sarah & I spent much of this past Saturday going through old file cabinets, organzing paperwork, & throwing out stuff we didn't need. While doing so, I came across an old poem I wrote about coffee a few years ago. I made it just for fun, so grab a cup of coffee (hopefully cinninut 'cause it's the season for it) & enjoy!

Brew by Jesse Peers

Brew, oh Brew
How I miss you

It's been too long a time
Since you and my tastebuds have intertwined

And I must admit one of my favorite things
Is to be near your coffee pot as it sings

Songs of peace; songs of rest
But I must be patient before you enter my chest

The shimmering colors of the oils on top
Remind me of a million rainbows about to pop

How your aroma reaches my nasal hairs like wind on leaves on trees
O how you set my mind at ease

And how the steam rises like ghosts over the waters
Surely I will pass you on to my future sons & daughters

I miss the warmth I feel when I embrace your mug
And how every time I sip, you give my heart a hug

Indeed, it's a mystery that when I gulp & speak
The brethren around me complain of the reek

How ever time you touch my tongue
My breath suddenly smells like dung

O how heaven must have rejoiced when man first discovered you
Yes, I can see the smile on God's face for I'm sure he enjoys brew too

So I make 2 cups; one for me and one for Jesus
And we rejoice in our fellowship and for this brew that pleases us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home