Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advent Playlist

Here's a playlist of songs I created to listen to during Advent: songs that voice a yearning for God to come & make things right in this fallen world; songs that remind us of Christ's second coming & put us back in Israel's shoes as they waited for their Liberating King:

Wake Up Dead Man - U2
O Come Emmanuel - david crowder
The Trumpet Child - over the rhine
My Deliverer - rich mullins
Come Thou Long Expected Jesus - derek webb & sandra mccracken
Prepare Ye The Way - caedmon's call
Psalm 13 - shane barnard
He Is Coming - andrew osengra
Come Like You Promise - delirious?
Rescue is Coming - david crowder band
Coming Toward - david crowder band
Come Then, Lord Jesus - indelible grace
The Man Comes Around - johnny cash

David Crowder Band's A Collision Album along with Songs from the Voice Volume 2 are also great albums with Advent themes.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger brandon said...

Hi,
I have been looking forever for a song David Crowder had out a while back in 2004 I think but it wasnt released. It was put on his website during the christmas of the illuminat album. I cant find it anywhere. It is his rendition of O Come Emmanuel - david crowder that is on your list. Can you tell me how to get it. It is the best version I have ever heard and I have been looking for years. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home